The most exiting event is coming – Kids’ Show Time on 11th of July!
The Lyric Dance School is happy to invite all our students to participate in a stage performance on 11th of July. Taking part in a performance is one of the most exiting events for kids, and of course for their parents. Your kids have been working hard during the year to be part of this wonderful occasion. Participation in a stage performance is a great way to build a child’s confidence and improve their self-esteem along with overcoming shyness. It also gives them an enjoyable and unforgettable experience.
Date & Time: Performance: Saturday 11th of July at 1.15pm approximately till 3.00pm.
Dress Rehearsal: Saturday 11th of July 10am till 12.15pm
Address: Main Hall. Sarah Bonnell School, Deanery Road, Stratford, London, E15 4LP
Tickets available: https://lyricdance.com/product/tickets-stratford-newham-performance/
Why do I need to buy ticket?
Unlike most of other dance schools in UK we don’t ask our students to buy stage costumes (which are generally £40-£50 each) to participate in a show. We incur the cost of the costumes, and offer our children free use of costumes on the day of the performance.
However, apart from costumes expenses, there are also several other costs required to put on the event, such as hiring the premises with an appropriate stage, inviting additional school staff and teachers to look after kids during the show and the rehearsal time, etc. Therefore to be able to organise these wonderful events we have to ask parents to support the school and kids by buying tickets for the show. We always work hard to keep the ticket costs as low as possible, and offer tickets at very competitive price.
We also offering an additional 10% discount for two or more tickets, so you can invite some of your friends or relatives to support and watch your child perform.
Here is some information you need to know about the performance.
The performance usually combines:
- Ballet Demonstration – with participation of all our students, to show their learning achievements. Kids who were prepared for ballet exam will demonstrate the exercises from the exams, so you will have the opportunity to see their skills. The correct ballet uniform along with the satin ballet shoes, ballet socks and hairnet is required. If you don’t have them, you can order those ballet items here: https://lyricdance.com/product-category/buy-dance-uniforms/
- Short interval. So kids have time to change into special dance costumes.
- Show time – This is the actual show, where kids will be dressed up in costumes and dance on stage. The costumes will be handed out to children on the dress rehearsal and should be returned to the school staff straight after the performance. The failure to return the outfits will lead to a replacement cost of £50.00 per costume.
We usually welcome all our students to participate in an annual performance, however if your child has recently joined our dance school (last term before the performance), we can offer you participation only in the Ballet Demonstration, as learning the dance for the show unfortunately requires longer time. This is usually applied to the twinkle tots group (3-4 years old, who has joined our school recently).
You are welcome to take photos of your child dancing on stage during the performance, however please do this from your seat, as walking around the hall will disturb other parents. The video is not allowed during the show.
Before the performance, on same day (Saturday 11th of July) all students will need to attend a dress rehearsal from 10.00am till 12.15pm. Please note: That sometimes the dress rehearsal can take longer, as there are quite a lot of little ballerinas, who need to be changed into costumes.
- Please supply your child with a bottle of water during the rehearsal and performance, as it is a very long day. Write the name of your child on a bottle. (No juice or food is allowed, as kids can make spots on costumes and in that case you will need to cover dry cleaning cost).
- Jewelry must not be worn to the class or the show! Small earrings are the only exception.
- Before entering the dress rehearsal and the performance: Hair should be properly brushed and tied back into a bun. Use clips and hair gel to make the hairstyle neat and pretty. Please use the pink hairnet. Here is a photo of the correct hairstyle.
- Ballet uniform should be clean and ironed to present a very nice professional look. Kids are expected to wear: leotard, skirt, ballet socks and satin ballet shoes. https://lyricdance.com/product-category/buy-dance-uniforms/
- Please write on the back label of their ballet uniform and ballet shoes your child’s name and surname, so that they do not mix up their items. Please note that the school is not responsible if any of your ballet items go missing.
- We will provide each child a small bag with their name on it, so kids can put their ballet outfit there after the “Ballet Demonstration” part of the show.
- After the “Show time” each child will be required to come back and put their costume into their bag, so we can confirm that the costume with all its accessories is there. Unfortunately if we don’t find some accessories or the complete costume in their given bag we will have to issue a charge for the missing items, so please check everything before returning the bag.
- You can prepare kids with nice makeup, using lipstick, eyeliner, mascara etc., as they are now performing artists! 🙂
Another Great News!
This year we have invited again a professional company, who specializes in Quality Photography of Children, to ensure you can get stunning photos of your child from the show. Professional portraits will be taken in a costume during the dress rehearsal. The beautiful photographs will then be printed, packed up and ready for you to take home on the day of your show if you like them.
Each pack contains TWO lovely 7”x5” mounted prints for just £12.00. Discounts will apply for multiple purchases within the same family as follows: 4 photos – £22.00; 6 photos – £30.00
Note: There is no obligation to buy. Please feel free to browse the photos and pay the photographer directly if you decide to purchase.
How can I get tickets and uniform for the performance?
If you require satin ballet shoes, socks and hairnet please order it before 2nd of July, so we can make sure it will arrive for the performance. https://lyricdance.com/product-category/buy-dance-uniforms/
Early birds discount for tickets available up to the 8th of July.
You can buy tickets here: https://lyricdance.com/product/tickets-stratford-newham-performance/
Alternatively you can make a bank transfer to the name of Lyric Dance Studio (please put the name of your child as a reference and notify as about your payment)
Looking forward to see all our students on stage 🙂