Terms and Conditions for Lyric Dance School.
Please ensure that you read the terms and conditions of enrolment before submitting a registration form. These rules apply to all pupils, including those who currently attend classes.
Class Subscription and Payment
- Lyric Dance & Drama School operates a monthly subscription payment system. Our subscriptions are rolling on a 12 monthly basis that are subject to change every September depending on how many sessions across the year are taught from September to August (excluding school holidays). These increases/decreases will be minimal, and you will be notified before, if any changes will occur starting September 1st of each year.
- Lyric Dance & Drama School run classes during school term time only. Your payment plan covers the cost for the class you have selected in the venue you have selected and is spread equally over 12 months of the year, therefore fees/subscriptions are still payable during school holiday months where no lessons are taking place.
- We plan our classes on a termly basis and to get the most out of the club and your child’s interest in dance or drama we encourage you to join with a commitment to completing each term in full. Your payments are on a running subscription with monthly payments meaning you do not need to re-book each term as you will automatically be re-enrolled.
- Payments are taken from your credit/ debit card on the 1st of every month. The cost of all classes vary and can be found on the individual booking pages. We do not offer refunds for classes or Trial sessions.
- As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. There are no reductions for sickness or holidays. However, we can invite you to attend an alternative class online for the one you have missed.
- To request the link please email us to email@example.com
- Lyric Dance Studio reserves the right to change timetable without prior notice. However, we will endeavour to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
- **We need at least 3 children in order for the class to go ahead – we will let you know the week prior to the start of the term if the class you have chosen is NOT going to go ahead**
- Term dates will be sent out in advance of each new term and can be found on our website.
- Your child will automatically be included every term in their current class. If you wish to leave or change classes please see “Cancellation of Subscription” below
- By ticking the box of term and conditions you certify that you are the person with parental responsibility for the child named, and that the information given is true to the best of knowledge and belief.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Cover payments for new starters
- A covering payment is an additional one-off charge that is added to your first monthly subscription. This charge is to cover any unpaid classes attended before your first monthly payment is taken.
Failure to Pay Monthly Subscription
- If we are unable to collect your monthly subscription payment on the 1st of the Month we will attempt to take payment 3 days later, and then 5 days thereafter. After which, we will attempt to contact you to restore your subscription. If your subscription payment is not up to date by the 14th of the month your child and place in the class will be removed and offered to someone else. Please update your bank details on your account or contact us ASAP.
Sibling or multiple class discount
- The first child of every family doing one class will be charged the standard subscription plan. Any further children or classes booked in the same family will receive a 20% discount per extra child or class (cheapest class with 20% discount). This discount will be applied after you have set up your standard subscription plan for each child. Please note you will not be charged until the 1st of the following month when the sibling discount has been applied. This discount does not apply to trials.
- One-off trial classes can be booked for any available class via the website. Price for Trial class is fixed – £5.00 only. If you would like to rearrange the trial to the following week you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days prior to the session to make this change. If we are not contacted by email, then we will not be able transfer the trial. All trial dates are not refundable and they can only be transferred once.
- Following your trial session, you will receive an invitation by email from Lyric Dance School (email@example.com) asking whether you would like to accept or decline the space in the class. You have 2 days after the trial to accept or decline the invitation. If we have not received your booking confirmation within this time, your child’s place will no longer be reserved in the class. Please note that occasionally this invite may go into a junk mail folder, so please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book.
- It is your responsibilities to inform us if your child has special health or medical conditions before signing to our dance classes, and we will endevour to accommodate their needs.
- Children should arrive promptly, correctly dressed in our school ballet uniform and attend classes regularly.
- Teachers are only responsible for pupils during class time and only in the studio stated on the timetable.
- Children are not allowed to leave the studio unless accompanied by an adult
- If your child is walking home alone without an adult picking them up or if they are meeting you in the car park we need to be informed in writing and have your permission to let them leave the building alone.
- Please inform your teacher of any injuries before class.
- Physical contact maybe necessary when helping to demonstrate or correct technique.
- During class, children are expected to listen and we discourage unnecessary talking. If a child is causing disruption, they will be asked to leave their lesson.
- It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, please pack water for your child.
- For longer classes, such as Performing Arts please provide a snack for your child. But NO NUTS please, as some students might be allergic to nuts. Thank you.
- Only once the required skill standard is attained, students may be put forward for examinations
- Lyric Dance School does not accept the responsibility for items lost or stolen although anything we do find will be placed in lost property
- Classes will typically have only 10 – 13 pupils, to provide high quality tuition.
- The school typically holds parent “watch days” and “End of Year stage show” once a year.
- The photos or videos of your child may occasionally be used in our website or marketing purposes
- Parents are not allowed to take photos or videos during the class
Lyric Dance and Drama School Uniform Policy
- We take considerable pride in the professionalism our school, and like any good school we like our children to learn in a fun environment, but do enforce a uniform policy so our little ballerinas look consistent, disciplined, and all feel comfortable with the correct equipment. This is also carried over to Ballet exams with strict requirements on presentation set by the IDTA.
- The Ballet School uniform is obligatory for all children 2 years and over. It is important for pupils to be correctly dressed for classes at all times
- Although the various tutus that newcomers bring with them are rather lovely, and its ok to wear them for the first trial class, but after that the uniform is mandatory.
- If you are attending a class for the first time (or on a trial lesson) and you do not have a complete uniform, its fine to just wear something loose and comfortable. Soft shoes or bare feet for ballet, and hard soled shoes for tap classes.
- We have partnered with one of the biggest dance uniform suppliers, to make sure our costumers can purchase the uniform at very competitive prices. We select high quality dance uniforms that are not too expensive, therefore to avoid confusion please order the ballet outfit through our trusted partner website: www.lds.mydancestore.co.uk
- The teaching staff reserve the right to refuse participation in class, exam or performance to any pupil if they are inappropriately dressed and no refund will be given.
- In addition to the correct uniform, long hair must be in a classical bun for ballet classes and tied back for Modern Theatre dance, tap, jazz and freestyle classes. Short hair should be worn in a hair band with fringes clipped back and off the face.
Cancellation of Subscription
We’re very sorry to hear that you’ve decided to leave us.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription, please email email@example.com requesting your cancellation to the administration team.
- If we receive your notice on the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the same month. If we receive notice after the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the following month. This means we will take one more direct debit payment before cancelling your subscription. For example, if we receive your notice on 7 April, cancellation will take effect from 30 May.
- When you cancel your membership we will send an email in acknowledgement to confirm the date that your subscription will end. Your child is entitled to attend classes until then. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, you must assume that we have not received your cancellation notice.
- If you would like to come back, (we hope you do!), you may need to go on a waiting list as we unfortunately can’t guarantee availability in the same class.
- We do not prorate or give credit for classes missed, however we welcome students to to attend an alternative online class for the one you have missed. To request the link please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If for any unforeseen circumstances a class has to be cancelled we will endeavour to offer a make up session.
- No Attendance due to Injury. If your child is unable to carry on with his/her dance or drama classes due to an illness or injury as suggested by their doctor, there are 2 options available to you. Option 1. To guarantee your child’s place in their class upon recovery, you can continue paying your monthly subscription at the following reduced rate (depending on which class your child attends) and we will reserve their place in the class. This reduced rate is ONLY APPLICABLE to the FIRST MONTH AFTER INJURY, supported by a doctor’s note (30 min class – £18.00 for the month; 45 min class – £22.50 for the month; 1 hour and 1 our and 30 min class – £27.00 for the month) You are welcome to participate in online classes instead, please email us to request the link to online class via zoom. Option 2. Immediate cancellation without notice*. This does not guarantee your child’s place in the class upon recovery due to availability, however if requested we can put their name to the top of the class waiting list.
- All workshops, exams and performances are non-refundable after 7 days from commencement.
Lyric Dance School LTD Registered in England and Wales, with the Company No. 10409361 with a registered head office at 92 clifton road, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 6PN, UK.
Email and Telephone contact details can be found on our Contact page.